Our AGM All-Party Parliamentary Group for Governance and Inclusive Leadership (business committee) takes place on 2nd July, chaired by Dawn Butler MP and open to all MPs across parties. The past few months have been very challenging for BAME communities in many different ways. We will be using the session to discuss how organisations can better support employees by collaboration and sharing best practice.
An annual general meeting of the business committee for the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Governance and Inclusive Leadership will take place on 2 July from 3pm – 4:30pm.
The AGM will take place virtually, and will be chaired by Dawn Butler MP. The meeting will be strictly Chatham House Rules. Minutes will be taken, but only to create action points. Previous sessions have contributed to building the Maturity Matrix and compiling feedback on Ethnicity Pay Reporting.
We plan to discuss:
1. The business of BAME: what can organisations do to support their BAME employees during this period? What is working and what have the hurdles been? Would a CEO pledge be useful and if so, what would be included?
2. The key findings of PHE Report Beyond the data: Understanding the impact of COVID-19 on BAME groups
3. How to better utilise government to help organisations, their BAME employees and communities
4. The role of allies: Outline plans for the Allies Guide, and invite feedback
5. Other business: Ethnicity Pay Reporting, the Maturity Matrix, Race at Work Charter, etc.
ADDITIONAL SPM INITIATIVES
Top 100 in partnership with Green Park was launched in the House of Lords in partnership with The Times.