Nominees with the most entries will be entered into the Top Shortlist and taken to public vote to decide the overall winner.
Inspirational Public Figure Award
This category recognises an inspirational figure from public life, who has used their fame to raise awareness or create change.
This category recognises a brand that continually promotes inclusiveness and seeks to represent identities of every kind in their marketing and advertising.
Charity or Community Initiative Award
This award recognises a charity or community initiative that has worked to advance the recognition or enhance the lives of BAME people.
This award recognises an influencer who has used their presence online to raise awareness or create change for BAME people.
Outstanding Contribution to Communities Award
This category recognises an individual that has been a positive role model and has made an outstanding contribution to their local community.
Media Impact Award
We are looking for an act of significance for the BAME community which has taken place in the media, from factual events witnessed on the news or in print, to fictional events which have taken place on stage, film, TV or radio.
This award recognises a politician who has ensured that the BAME community is accurately represented.
This award is the most prestigious and recognises an individual who has made a significant difference to the representation of the BAME community, dedicating a significant proportion of their life to advancing inclusion.
Terms & Conditions
- Entries for the Investing in Ethnicity & Race Awards 2018 (the “Awards”) are open to those who are part of, work with, or support the BAME community.
- Employees or agencies of the Awards, its umbrella company (“SPM Group”) or their family members, may not enter the Awards.
- By entering the Awards you (“You”) are accepting these terms and conditions.
- To enter the Awards, you will be required to provide contact details to support the nomination. Evidence to support Your nomination is not requested.
- The Awards Nomination Process will open at 00:01 on 8 January 2018 and close at 23:59 on 30 June 2018 (“Nomination Period”). Entries received outside of these dates will not be considered.
- You own the copyright to your Awards entry as its author. By submitting an entry to the Awards, You give SPM Group: (a) The right to use Your name and for the sole purpose of identifying You as the author of Your entry (internal contact purposes only). (b) We take no responsibility for entries that are misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. (c) Notice will be given in writing to nominees who make it to the Top Shortlist. Nominees or a nominee representative must confirm receipt of entry into the Top Shortlist within seven working days or the date specified on the confirmation letter from SPM Group. SPM Group reserves the right to withdraw a nomination from the Top Shortlist if no such response is received.
- No purchase is necessary.
- The Promoter of the Awards is SPM Group whose address is 37 Ivor Place, London, NW1 6EA. Any complaints regarding the Awards should be sent to this address. SPM Group shall use and take care of any personal information You supply to it in accordance with data protection legislation.
- SPM Group reserves the right to extend the Nomination Period in the event that the entries received are of insufficient quality or quantity. In addition, SPM Group reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Awards with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control. The decision of SPM Group in all matters under its control is final and binding.